COVID - 19 and the MRCS part B
Covid 19 has affected many aspects of healthcare with education probably being hit the hardest in terms of a comparison to pre pandemic times.
Our revision course was created with helping trainees prepare and stand the best chance of possible to pass; not make profits. With this in mind we did not run a preparation course when the first post1st wave COVID exam digest was sat in October as we like many delegates did not know what to expect from the exam; therefore running this course would have essentially been preparing you for the previous pre pandemic exam. We did offer a free course to local trainees with this disclaimer.
Consequently our course has undergone a number of changes to help support the trainee prepare for the next iteration of the part B. We have delegates who sat and passed the exam in the October sitting.
To date we have a 95% pass rate for the exam over the 3 years we have been running it; of this we are proud. Feedback continually is excellent and spurs the lecturers on to help the next generation of Surgeons get their feet up the ladder.
COVID - 19 Risk Assessment Surgical Educational Courses
COVID-19 is a public health emergency. Everyone needs to assess and manage the risks and we have a legal responsibility to protect delegates and staff from risk to their health and safety. This means we need to think about the risks we face and do everything reasonably practicable to minimise them, recognising you cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19.
If you have symptoms then please do not attend course, if you are self-isolating because of contact with a COVID-19 case or person with symptoms then please DO NOT ATTEND COURSE, full refund available.
The Rule 6 and Lockdown rules only apply to social situations and non essential services, as our course is work and educational it is therefore exempt from this, however when attending the course everyone should make every reasonable effort to comply with the social distancing guidelines set out by the government (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable).
The risk mitigation we will provide
– further increasing the frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning
– keeping the activity time involved as short as possible
– using screens or barriers to separate people from each other
– using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible
– reducing the number of people each person has contact with by using ‘fixed teams or partnering’ (so each person works with only a few others).
If you are in a Tier 3 or Lockdown area you are permitted to travel to this course as this course is deemed work/educational. We automatically engage with track and trace as we hold your details for 21 days.
COVID-19 Risk Assessment Surgical Educational Courses
• We will require attendees to sign a declaration confirming that they:
- Are symptom-free and have not had any symptoms in the 14 days prior to the event.
- No member of their household/bubble has had symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Will inform the organiser is they become symptomatic within 14 days of the event.
• We will be checking the temperature of attendees as they arrive at the event.
• Measures will be in place to ensure attendees remain at least 2m apart during the event
• Measures will be in place where it is not practical to remain 2m apart